This accordion summer school is an intensive and inspiring five-day course for musicians aged 12–17. You will have the opportunity to work with teachers from both the Royal Conservatoire and Scotland’s leading specialist music school, St.Mary’s Music School.
The course is designed to help develop and strengthen technical and musical skills, through knowledge of repertoire and healthy practice habits. Students will benefit from daily warm-up sessions, technique classes, individual lessons, ensemble playing and performances.
Students will also learn about accordion manufacturers, great accordionists and what life is like as a full-time music student at a Conservatoire. The summer school will be led by one of Europe’s finest accordion players and teachers, Djordje Gajic.
This summer school is for young accordion players aged 12–17 years old. Students who take part in the course should want to:
- develop musically and technically
- build repertoire and performing experiences
- become aware of various practice techniques and the importance of critical listening
- be given the chance to play in a group
- gain knowledge about the instrument
- meet other students passionate about music and the accordion
- experience life as a full-time music student
- meet and work with full- time students from the Royal conservatoire
Early Booking Special Offer
Book before 20 February and save 10% on all summer school tuition fees. Simply use the promotional code EBSUMMER15 when making your booking online.
For more details visit http://www.rcs.ac.uk/shortcourses/accordion